2024 Executive Committee | Call for Nominations
Interested in taking your volunteer leadership to the next level?
Quick Links: Submit a Nomination | Criteria and Guidelines | FAQs
As Chairman of the FAA Nominating Committee, I have issued this call for nominations for the election of officers for the Florida Apartment Association for terms to be served in 2023-2024. The link to submit a nomination can be found at the bottom of this article.
FAA OFFICES UP FOR ELECTION ON THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
VICE PRESIDENT/PRESIDENT-ELECT | TREASURER | SECRETARY
- Each nominee must be either an owner, a developer, a builder, or an operator with broad senior level experience in multifamily housing. Multisite or executive leadership experience a plus, but not required.
- Each nominee must be employed by a company that is an FAA member in good standing.
- Completion of the FAA or NAA Leadership Lyceum programs a plus.
- Each nominee must acknowledge that election as an FAA officer carries with it a great responsibility and nominees must be able commit to attending all scheduled meetings.
- Completion of an electronic pre-assessment (sent after nomination period has closed).
- Be available for an interview with the Nominating Committee, if all other criteria are met, on Monday, August 28, 2023.
The Nominating Committee will use the following guidelines in establishing a slate:
Candidate’s prior participation in FAA committees, task forces, or councils, FAA adjacent entities (i.e. APAC/FFHO), and/or local affiliate volunteer leadership.
- FAA volunteer experience
- Apartment industry experience and contributions
- Participation in FAA and APAC programs and events
- Civic and social engagement
- Q: Am I allowed to nominate myself?
- A: Yes, self nominations are encouraged, but not required!
- Q: What documents need to be included with the nomination?
- A: Each nominee must submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of support from their direct supervisor. Current executive committee members and property management owners/officers are not required to submit a letter from their supervisor.
- Q: What is the time committment for an officer on the Executive Committee?
- A: Officers can expect to serve at least 5 years as they progress through the ranks. (Advancement is not automatic.) Each year, the Board of Directors meets in person three times in various locations throughout the state. Officers are expected to attend all Board Meetings in addition to the Legislative Conference, Annual Conference, and other meetings that may be called by the President.
- Q: Is travel required to serve on the Executive Committee?
- A: Yes. Most travel is in state, but NAA Delegates are required to travel for out of state meetings.
- Q: When does the term for the new Executive Committee begin?
- A: Terms for all incoming officers begin after they have been installed at the Annual Conference. i.e. in 2023 terms will begin on Friday, October 13th.